MCDF’s governance structure is organized around 4 components: (1) MCDF Collaboration Platform, (2) MCDF Finance Facility, (3) MCDF Administrator, (4) MCDF Secretariat.
- MCDF Collaboration Platform to promote communication and collaboration among the IFIs and other development partners regarding plans and activities relating to infrastructure and connectivity investments.
- MCDF Finance Facility to provide grant resources to fund information sharing, capacity building and project preparation activities.
- MCDF Administrator to provide administrative and financial services to the MCDF, including the establishment and hosting of the MCDF Secretariat. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) serves as the Administrator of the MCDF and host of the Secretariat with effect from June 30, 2020.
- MCDF Secretariat to support the day-to-day operations of the MCDF.
In addition, the MCDF’s governance structure benefits from the guidance and oversight of two committees: (a) Governing Committee; and the (b) Coordination Committee.
- Governing Committee: responsible for policy guidance and operational oversight to the MCDF Finance Facility. The Governing Committee includes Members (representatives of the contributors to the Finance Facility) and Observers (representatives of IFI Implementing Partners, the Administrator, and the CEO of the MCDF Secretariat)
- Coordination Committee: oversees and directs all activities undertaken by the Collaboration Platform. The committee also provides strategic advice to the Governing Committee with respect to proposals submitted by IFI Implementing Partners, and the Secretariat, for funding through the MCDF Finance Facility. The Coordination Committee includes representatives of IFIs who are parties to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) establishing MCDF, and the contributing members of the Finance Facility.